Thursday, July 26, 2007

The meaning behind the name

It has come to my attention that our blog title, "The Journey", may seem odd to some or perhaps even meaningless to others. Here's the story.....
While enduring the many hours safely seat belted in our comfy minivan on our recent trip to Alabama and back, I had more than enough time to think and pray. One thing that struck me was how our life together as a family is, and has been, a journey.
Twelve years ago Byron and I left our respective homes and excitedly headed off on what we were certain would be a smooth sailing journey of thrills and excitement and non-stop happy moments. Wow..... somewhere along the line as the mile markers whizzed by us we realized that "life happens".
Some of the miles we've traveled have been miles that I would dearly love to re-travel (the birth of my children would be a prime example). Some of the miles we've traveled have been boring at best and downright monotonous at worst. And, as you've already guess, there've even been a few mile markers that bear alot of tear stains from the sheer agony of the time spent in passing that way.
The unique thing about this journey is this - we do not have the privilege of traveling this route more than once. I cannot experience over again the indescribably joyful miles of pregnancy and birth and newborn delights. And, thankfully, I do not have to re-travel the miles of sleepless nights and unstoppable tears. There may be more of those undesirable miles down the road of our journey, but for now........
I am determined to savor the route I am on. I want to see all the scenery, visit all the landmarks, absorb all the lessons there are to learn and enjoy the journey to the fullest! The miles I've traveled thus far have made me the person I am. I would not be where I am today had I not followed His roadmap.
And now you know the meaning behind our Blog title.

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Very good, Thanks for the reminder that we are passing this way only once, and we need to be what God wants us to be, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. Your post nearly brought tears to me eyes!

Love, Heather =)