Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Facebook

The whole Face book phenomena amazes me. I don't think I've ever seen a venue before that meshes together so beautifully so many varied groups of people. Denominations, ages, locations, etc. Honestly, did you ever think you'd see the day that people in their 70's would be happily chatting online? Typically the people in that age group I've been around have a hard time adjusting to new things and allot of them don't have much time for "new" technology.

I understand there are some who are worried that "they" can have too much access to our lives, etc but I guess I feel like if "they" already have me on their radar (whoever "they" are) then they already know more abut me than my Facebook page could tell them. I figure if "they" want to find out about me and my family they have far quicker and easier ways to do it than to check my FB page. So.... I'm just reporting to my faithful readership that Facebook is probably the most awesome invention in my lifetime. :-) I love how it connects me with so many awesome people. I love how I can post a prayer request and within seconds hundreds of people are praying. I love how I can keep up to date with people I haven't heard from in forever (pre-facebook). I highly recommend that everyone join. If you have any questions about it just ask me!!! :-)


P.S. No, I am not being paid to advertise for Facebook! LOL

6 comments:

Nancy said...

It amazes me how people have contacted me who I haven't heard from or thought about in years! I've also made some new friends.

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about facebook except that you have to be invited to view peoples page. Is that true and how would you get invited if you can't view the page? Maybe some dumb questions but for those of us who haven't taken the plunge, maybe share some tips. Thanks!

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Anonymous,

Make an account. Once you have your page let me know and I will ask to be your friend then it'll just go from there!! I suggest a bunch of people you may know and you can approve (or not) the names and soon your list of friends will grow!!

Julie

Teena in Toronto said...

Yes, I'm addicted to Facebook. Ha!

Happy blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the offer to take the plunge into facebook. I set up an account. So if the offer still stands I would be glad to be your friend.
Thanks

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Anonymous, I don't know who you are to add you!! LOL

Julie