Sunday, April 11, 2010

Keep me in your will

I'm sure I am no different than any other Christian when it comes to desiring to be ever in the center of God's will however, I often struggle with exactly what that looks like. While I was single I prayed that I would marry whoever God's will was for me.

Now that I am married and have children I often pray that Byron and I would ever minister where God's will is for us. My children are starting to ask me how they will know what they should be when they grow up. I typically tell them that God will show them (in time) what His will for them is. Kenton asked me recently, "What if God's will is for me to be or do something I can't do?" I assured Him that God will never require of us anything that is outside of our realm of capabilities.


As a pastor's wife - and now that its April, the time of the year when tradition among our churches is to vote on their pastor for the next contract period, I find myself thinking about the whole concept of "being in the center of God's will". I haven't figured it all out yet but I do know that my heart is sincere. I do not want to be anywhere but exactly where God wants me to be. I never want to put my desires ahead of God's will and in doing so be in the way and hinder God's work.


This song so vividly describes what my heart feels about this matter.


1 comment:

Candlelight said...

I hope you don't mind my commenting,since you don't personally know me.I attend Muirs'church.
Thank you so much for posting this.I really like that song and needed to read what you wrote.So many times I struggle with where God has me in my life,but I remind myself that I can't see the whole picture.If my life had played out the way I thought God was going to let it play out and the way I wanted,it wouldn't have been the very best.Though I don't fully understand why I'm where I'm at,I have to trust God that in His perfect time and way He'll work everything out.I believe His will,when I finally see it,will be so much better than anything I can imagine. :)
Thanks again.
Amy