Thursday, May 28, 2009

Learning to Dance in the Rain

When I look back over the last little while, there has been allot of bumps in the road. I've had several people say different forms of the following statement, "You've been through allot soon things will get better!" However, if I constantly live for "when it gets better" I've found that I'll miss out on so much of the "now". I ran across this quote today and it is SO fitting. It just really touched me and I hope it will speak to you as well.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain."

4 comments:

Carla said...

Good quote! Though we've had life easy compared to what you all have been through that is a good thought for all of us to keep in mind. BTW, Julie, after all our sunshine it's been rainy for 2 days now! :-)

Christy said...

I really like this quote. When Mike first went to jail I was all about wishing that he would get home and life could go on, then I realized that if I wait for that and don't at least try to enjoy life a huge chunk of my life will be gone. Thanks for sharing the quote.

Mark and Laura Fultz said...

You're getting somewhere Julie. I also learned with learning to dance in the rain, that having THAT attitude changed my attitude about something else. It made me want to come out on the other end of my struggle as more than just a survivor - I wanted to be an overcomer!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, Lord. Let us learn to dance in the rain as well as the sunshine. Love to you Julie and all. :=) maryh