Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time for Drastic Action

I'm not sure who will take the drastic action just yet but for certain someone has to. Sunday afternoon we found this under our bed.

I'm still fairly certain its a strong sign that its time to move on. This trailer/parsonage is falling apart around us and we've put many many "band aids" on it in the last 5 years. This is pretty much the last straw for me. We've endured rats, mice, chipmunks, bugs of all kinds, severe lack of water and other things. I have dealt with all of those and been "Ok" with it. This, however I cannot handle. My home is my shelter and my respite and knowing that there are snakes here is more than I can handle. So, this big guy got thrown into the woods. Then his three brothers who were found outside the next day lost their heads. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

5 comments:

Peggy B. said...

I don't know how you are keeping your sanity. Hope this will be resolved quickly for you. I'm with you. I'd already have the u-haul truck rented, and somebody else doing the packing.

Carla said...

Ahh! I'm with you! Come to AK the Land Of NO Snakes! :-)

Angie said...

Praying for your family, Julie. You've endured more than any woman I know...it's right up there with the mission field at this point...and truly many missionaries have much better accomodations.

Lewis Ray said...

WOW Just the thought of finding a Snake in the House gives me Chills, I can't imagine a snake in the House,I could maybe see one in basement, If I understood correctly that Snake was dismissed to the woods again, I sure hope you Deleted or had some one Delete the Head before letting it into the woods again, Best Wishes!!!

Pastor Roger and wife Rachael said...

Wow! I would be hanging the for sale sign! See you at camp!