Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I am very late in making a Valentine's Day post but I do want to say that my heart is full of love!
First of all, I am deeply in love with my Heavenly Father. I daily marvel that even if I had been the only one on earth, He still would have gone to the cross and suffered. Is that not just mind boggling?!

Secondly, I cannot get over the love God designed to hold together and enrich a marriage. This marks our 15th Valentine's day together and while I thought I could never love Byron more than I did back in 1995, I'm amazed how the years have drawn us closer to each other in much deeper, mature love than I could ever have imagined 15 yrs ago. The years have had incredibly low lows and some fantastically memorable "highs". Byron, thanks for being my Valentine.


Thirdly, I am DAILY amazed at the love I receive from the most awesome friends a girl could ever hope for. I have no desire for hoards of surface, shallow friends but I do deeply appreciate and love the handful of deeply loyal and faithful friends God has sent my way.


Fourthly, I am deeply thankful for the love of my family. Time has a way of changing the extended family dynamic but time in no way diminishes the blood connection. I sincerely love my family.


Fifthly, I cannot say how much I admire, love and respect my sister. She's the only one I have and I suppose I can sometimes get a bit protective of her but I love the relationship we have and I love the fact that while we couldn't possibly be more opposite of each other, we have a love for each other than continues to grow through the years.


I am truly loved. And I deeply love. Ain't love grand?!! :-)


My first Valentine's Day roses since we've been married. We agreed long ago to not spend money on flowers that would die within hours.
This year God allowed Byron to get me long stemmed roses for free!

2 comments:

Shandra said...

Love ya!!

Nicki said...

Flowers are one of my pet peeves. They cost so much for so little time. I'd much rather have a nice skillet or kitchen item than flowers that I'd have to through away.