Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who will be crying at your funeral?

I just ran across this from Rick Grubb's "Redeeming the time" seminars. I thought it was fantastic!

------------------------------------------------
Who will be crying at your funeral? That’s a question that author Patrick Morley, began asking himself.

Morley and his wife were successful in their business. Their schedules were filled with business and civic responsibilities. Meanwhile they had young children at home who needed their attention.

One evening, as they reviewed their time consuming responsibilities, the thought came, ""Why not prioritize everything we do on the basis of who will be crying at our funeral?"" And that's exactly what they did. The results, they claim, saved their family.

Why should you and I invest all our time with people who don't love us, at the expense of those who do?""

Powerful thought. It is a question of priorities. It is a question of putting first things first. It is a question of redeeming the time

1 comment:

Christy said...

So, I am commenting on your shamrock shake post, I could not post on it directly. I totally agree, they are amazing. If you like choc. mint (like I do) see if they will mix it for you...if not get a small of both and mix. It is AMAZING. (Until I get out of school...I work at McD's, so I get them FREE!)