Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Here are pictures of our first day of school. Kenton is in 3rd grade, Vincent is in 1st and the girls are in preschool. Whew.... another year. Not sure if I am up to this!!! You all pray for me!!!


P.S.... the monkey's on the door are the incentive for the next 3 months. The door says, "Four little monkeys have started back to school". For every paper they get a 100% on (with no help from me) and for every book Vincent and Kenton read they get a banana. When they get 50 bananas they get to go by themselves with mommy or daddy (their choice) to McDonald's.






9 comments:

Shandra said...

Aw! That looks great!! Can't wait till we can have an actual room like that! Kendra looks thrilled about the whole situation in that pic with her & A sitting at their desks! :-) I like your monkey saying too!

Carla said...

Have fun this year! You've got some great ideas. I am enjoying having them "go" to school although I'm sure I will miss the home school thing before the year is out. Another year or two and we'll be back at it ourselves.

Anonymous said...

WOW ! You make me almost want to go to your school! Yes, God bless your endeavor. I'll pray for you, if you'll pray for me! Love all the Gurnees,---maryh

The Millard Family said...

Cute! My kids do not get such incentives!

Vonnie said...

So cute... great incentives!

Janiece said...

You are sooo brave! : ) Good luck with school!

A Peek Into My Life said...

Awww, that monkey idea is great! I bet you are an awesome teacher. :)

diamond said...

We are "ready" for school here too. 2 Jr Hich kids this year - ugh!!!
I enjoy keeping in "contact" thru the blogs.

Maggie said...

That is a cool idea about the bananas:) Your kids are so cute. Margaret