Monday, August 4, 2008

Wedding Plans are Under Way!!

Last night Alyssa (our 3 yr old) and I were laying on my bed talking. She said to me, "Mommy, God told me to marry N (name withheld to protect the little guy's privacy since he isn't aware of this)." I said, "Oh, really?!!" She nodded her head confidently. I said, "Well, then your name will become Mrs. Alyssa H. She said, "Awww... that sounds so nice!" (where's the rolling eyes emoticon when I need it!!). So, then I said to her, "Well, I like N, he's a very nice little boy and he has a really really great mommy and daddy so that's a great plan but it probably would be good if you went to college before you marry him." She thought a moment then said, "where is the college?" I named several that came to mind and finished off the list with, ".... and there's also Edinboro University which is right over there by our Walmart." She sat up and said, "that's the one! I'll go to the one near Walmart!!" :-)
So, N's mommy and I chatted a bit last night and we both think its a grand idea and I'm thinking arranged marriages are becoming more and more the way to go!!! LOL So, I guess we can go start buying monogrammed bath towels and pillow cases, right??!!!! :-)
If only it were that easy. *sigh*

4 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

One slight complication! Her father was not consulted. I am feeling bad. The other day she said she was going to marry me. I guess I got dumped rather quick. Maybe I will have to hold out another 15 years before I say yes you can.

Daddy

tacomom said...

That is too adorable! It cracks me up that she said her name sounded so nice with his last name at the end. Especially since one of the yahoo scrapbook groups I'm on had a recent discussion about feeling like a piece of property when taking their husband's name. Why get married?!?!? That's what I WANTED to ask :)

Shandra said...

So cute!! We got a chuckle out of this!

Janiece said...

That's so cute! Are we invited to the wedding? HA!