Sunday, May 18, 2008

Missing Husband Report!

Anyone seeing the following person please send him HOME!



He belongs to ME!!



The last few months have been horrid for Byron. I honestly don't know of a time that he has been under so much stress. In the last 10 weeks he has made 50+ trips to the hospital to visit parishioners and their families. (Erie is 35 miles away from us).


He is deep into his Master's program and will be done with that in December. YEAH!!! I can't wait.


He is deeply involved with our church and its building program. We are about to start Phase 2 of our building project. This consists of 2 parts - adding a new handicap accessible entrance and restrooms and part 2 is completely remodeling our sanctuary and adding the new platform addition facing the cemetery. The new restrooms and entrance should be completed by the end of this summer. The rest will have to wait until the money comes in.


Oh, then of course he has to substitute teach to help make ends meet for our family financially. He's had very little of that since December due to the amount of days he has had to be at the hospital. And, unfortunately (for finances) school is almost over. That is good in the sense that now perhaps the missing husband and daddy will return home!!! :-)


The boys have projects they are (not so) patiently waiting for Daddy to work on for them. Someone kindly gave Vincent a go cart that needs a new motor and tires. Well, Papa Gurnee's preacher gave us a motor for it but Daddy just hasn't had time to install it. Kenton has been asking forever for his bedroom to be painted and new flooring laid and that is a project that will hopefully be done soon too.


Perhaps some may think I am being selfish and maybe I am but I miss my husband. I don't like seeing him so stressed and stretched so thin. I know that his calling is to be a Pastor and that all these other things are just part of that calling. I ALSO know that I am called to be supportive of him and to help him in any way I can. But I don't have to always like it.

The other night as I laid in bed around 11:00 PM and he had been gone for 9 hours to the hospital - and was still sitting at the hospital with the family from our church, I thought to myself, if I had to pick my pastor, I'd pick him. I guess technically, he picked ME but I'm glad he did!!! Thanks honey!!! If you ever find time to read this, I want you to know that you are the best pastor, husband and daddy in the world!!!

6 comments:

Mary Herl said...

Bless you ALL. I remember the days when we had 4 kids at home and my husband came up missing too! He was working in industry at the time, heard God's call to pursue a master's in psychology to minister to Christians and pastors, and we were still making our big old house livable. So he continued to work fulltime, go to school parttime, study in and around all the other family needs; and stressed barely describes what it must be for them. But God is faithful and He will provide in marvelous ways (not necessarily easy, but marvelous). I will pray for the precious Gurnees. How blessed you are to have such a loving husband, dad and pastor! Love, Mary Herl

Brother Frankie said...

you are not being selfish. ill pray the Lord gives your husband an Aron or someone to help carry the load.i dont know you folks, but i do read your blogs and feel love for you guys. thanks for your families sacrifice for the body of Christ. pastors wives are SPECIAL woman.
Blessings,
Frankie G

Anonymous said...

Sis. Gurnee, maybe you should just check yourself into the hospital for a night. :)
Praying for you all.
Blessings to you,
Shamara from AL

Vonnie said...

So sorry for your husband being gone so much. You sound VERY supportive and God will bless you for it!! Yes He will!!

Charlotte Mathis said...

I remember that once Billy Graham's wife said, "I'd rather be Mrs. Billy Graham part time than anyone else fulltime."

Carrie said...

I'll be praying for you, Julie! Sometimes I get so frustrated when people think Robert's schedule should revolove around THEM!