Thursday, March 5, 2009

Give and it shall be given

Today I got very brave and took my kids (yes, all four of them) to the mall. We walked around for awhile and actually had a very lovely time. Anyways, today was the big St. Jude charity drive in the mall so they had a huge stand set up andthe main Erie radio station was there. The excitement was running high. The first time past the stand I didn't even look at the people collecting money. Then as I kept walking I felt more and more guilty. St. Jude's is one of the few charity's that I feel is truly worthy and manage their donations well. Many of you will probably remember that Vincent participated in the "Math-a-thon" for St. Jude's in school last year and raised quite a bit of money (click here to read about it). So, on the way back through I gave the kids each money to put in the basket. Well, when they did, the lady offered them each a fruit slushy thing and a Frisbee and a t shirt. Well, I have to say that I was so proud of my kids. I was waiting for them to grab all three - which was really what she was offering to them but instead 2 of them chose the fruit slush and Vincent chose the Frisbee. Kendra said that she'd just share Alyssa's fruit slush. It's nice to have kids who are not grabby or feel a sense of entitlement!! Anyways, here's the pic of them enjoying their treat.


2 comments:

Shandra said...

Aw! How sweet! Love the girls' outfits, btw! :-)

Tamra said...

What sweet kids! Your oldest son is a spittin' image of his daddy in this photo. The girl's dresses are so cute!