Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We Thirst

We have had on going issues with the lack of water here at the parsonage. Actually the church has water issues....and the whole neighborhood. If we drill over 50' we have the danger of getting into brine water from all the gas wells in the area. So yesterday after all the melt of snow and all the rain...yes you guessed it we are out of water. A very strange anomally occurs when ever it is going to rain or is raining - we have less water. We ran out last night and this morning we assumed we would have plenty of water. My dear husband jumped in the shower and turned on the water, adjusted it and extra lathered up. That is when the water shut off. He spent 30 minutes waiting for more to trickle in the well while I kept flipping the pressure switch. He finally got cold and tired of waiting and used a towl to get the rest of the soap out. We always keep plenty of "other" liquids on hand in case this happens.
I long for a time when I can live in a place where I can let the water run as long as I want without worrying about it!!
And..... while we are talking about lack of water and thirst..... this song came to mind.....


1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness...does the water therapy add really have to appear after your transparency? Ya'll need water therapy, alright. I can't wait for the day you get water...lots of water. Your kids won't even know how to live with the freedom!