Sunday, March 21, 2010

What does kindness look like?

Today it looked like this:



Yes, those are mint oreo cookies. Given to me by a sweet lady from our church. She came into church this AM and gave me a big hug then handed me a package of mint oreo cookies.

Now, what really touches me about this act of kindness is the fact that this lady has not been going to our church very long. I am not even sure how she knows that I love love love mint oreo cookies! This act of kindness tells me that she is listening to everything I say and trying to get to know me better! Somewhere along the line I must have told the ladies about my oreo love. I don't know. But, it feels good to be loved and to have someone desire to know me enough to pay attention to the little details!

God help me to pay attention to the "little details" of the lives around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie, speaking as someone whose
"little details" you take time to listen to...I wish I could be more like you!