Monday, July 14, 2008

French Fry's and Father in Law's

Many years ago - like 8 (approximately) my father in law (my favorite one) loaned me his truck to drive to work. I have no idea why I needed his truck but he was generous enough to loan it to me. At that time, I was staying at their house and driving to Pittsburgh each day while they kept Kenton and babysat him. So, anyways..... I would leave work at 5:00 and head for Meadville. Of course I was starved as you can imagine. Well, on one such day, I stopped and grabbed a sandwhich and french frys. And thus was the beginning of the end. Somewhere along the way.... I dropped a french fry in his truck and I've heard about this french fry now ever since. And then this week, he brings me this joke (click to make it bigger)......

5 comments:

Shandra said...

ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Shandra said...

Stephen found a perfect comic for Byron yesterday. He loves the comic strip "Pearls Before Swine" and this was the gist of it:

Mouse to goat who is on computer:
What's the matter with you?

Goat:
Computer problems. I'm ticked because I haven't been able to post on my blog all day.

The one mouse scampers off to look out the window, comes back and says:
And yet somehow the world goes on.

Goat:
LEAVE.

:-)

Carla said...

Trail mix?! Oh yummy! Unfortunately I have clean out our burb too many times so I can just imagine what that trail mix must look like! :-)

Anonymous said...

ONE French Fry? My truck floor was COVERED with them!!!!!!!! ONE? There were even fries on the passenger seat! BUT I am proud of you for driving it since it was a standard transmission and you had not driven one before. Of course, that possibly is why they spilled - with the truck lurching into each gear.

Smiling broadly,
Dad Gurnee

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Dad Gurnee,

Wow!! Your vision was going even way back then!! I've often heard of people having problems with double vision, etc but if you were seeing them all over the seat and floor, you really should have had bifocals way back then!!!

Your favorite daughter in law,
Julie