Saturday, July 26, 2008

Misc Alaska Pictures

I am not into scenic pictures. I just like people to be in my pictures. So, I've pretty much only posted people pics. So, lest you think we visited Alaska and didn't try to capture the awesome beauty of it - we really did. I just decided not to post all 1200 of them. :-) Here are a few more pics that I wanted to share.
-----------------------------------------

Just to clarify... I was never nervous about going to Alaska. I was simply terrified that something would happen to us enroute and my children would be left orphans! I truly loved Alaska and had a wonderful time. So, perhaps the sticker should say, "I survived the plane ride!"


Warren & Carla took us to a chocolate place there in Anchorage. Oh, gracious. It was delightful!!!


Byron preached Sunday night at the church in the North Pole where Rev. Newton pastors. It is probably the most beautiful church I've ever seen.


Byron and I in Denali


Byron and I somewhere along the GlenAllen highway.

Byron & I up on a mountain overlooking the camp. You can see it below us.

2 comments:

tim said...

i've been at or close to that spot...brings back great memories...there is a sense of being totally alive in that setting.

tough ministry:)...but as we hear from time to time in this area concerning Wyoming in summer, Maine in fall, the Bahamas in winter;...someone has to do it!

seriously...we are thrilled for you guys.

Kimberly said...

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time...so glad for you!(and a little jealous!:)

A poodle on a long plane trip??!! I would have lost my mind!!!

(I didn't know the Taylors are living up there??)