Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thank the Lord for Father-in-laws

Byron has been so immersed in his studies this past month that several things that have really needed done have gone undone. So, my favorite father-in-law came up this past week and worked on several projects. One was the sidewalk that has been a health hazard for several weeks.


As a side note to some of my anti-homeschooling readers: this is one benefit of homeschooling - my kids helped and learned about ratios and how to mix up cement. Had they been in a brick and mortar school that day, they would have 1. not had been able to spend quality time with their grandparents and 2. missed out on the experience of learning about ratios and cement.


The finished sidewalk looks so nice!! Thanks Dad Gurnee!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW ! What a great project for your homeschoolers. Made me wish I was there learning along with them. I didn't get to make a sidewalk, but did make applesauce with my class. We had fun scrubbing and cleaning hands, and then apples, cutting, peeling (and eating all the peels!) and cooking it up. I guess we learned a little about rations and proportions too when adding a bit of water for simmering and a pinch of sugar and cinnamon for flavor. What fun we had. Will keep this lesson plan 'til I see your girls! :-) Love----maryh