Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Man Escapes



We live about 1 mile from a state prison. On Sunday afternoon this man escaped. He climbed into a garbage can that was then taken from the grounds. He is still loose. Here is a picture showing how he did it.


Needless to say, that evening was not too fun. We received the call from our friend that this man was on the loose as we were leaving the church to walk home. I realized that I had not locked the house door when I left for church. So, Byron had to search the house for us before we could go in - while the kids and I stood out in the yard. The kids were terrified as you can imagine!!! I knew I would never be able to sleep that night so we headed out for my parents house. Byron had planned to leave in the morning to go hunting there anyways so we just left a few hours early!!

3 comments:

tacomom said...

Wow, I wonder if they could give any other convicts an idea of exactly how to escape with the detailed article! Hello?!?! I hope they find him soon. How nerve-wracking. My parents were at a board meeting one night and came home to find my brother and sister (ages 14 and 7) hiding out in the house with a gun handy. They'd heard on the news that someone armed and dangerous was in the area. They found the next a.m. that he was actually in the next field over from ours!!

tim said...

the Feds drive spear shaped rods through all outbound trash containers, then the containers are crushed prior to being sealed and loaded...all under the supervision of an officer. But then the Feds have a bit more funding to supply the spears and officers...and they still lose a few.
Glad everyone is safe!

Janiece said...

Can you believe he made it on American's Most Wanted? YIKES!!! Hope they catch him soon and in San-ja-boo boo, not in Albion, HA!