Friday, November 9, 2007

Vincent Gets an Early Present

I'm sure he is hoping that the rest of his presents are more fun!! After several months of listening to Vincent breathing with difficulty during the night and more recently the last 3 days of labored breathing, we finally took him to the doctor. His doctor had previously prescribed Cingulair and Allegra (and I guess we are to continue them). However, last night his breathing was enough to scare me to death. He was gasping for breath in his sleep. With each breath he would almost moan. So, this AM we made the appointment. After examining him she prescribed a nebulizer with Albuterol 4x a day. He had a treatment at the doctor's office and she said she could tell a difference right away. So.... I guess the diagnosis of asthma is certainly not something we are happy for but we are thankful it isn't anything more serious.
P.S. The doctor neglected to tell me that the Albuterol would turn my docile, almost mopey little guy into a wild little boy with more energy than he's had in his entire 5 yrs of life!!! HELP!!!! I asked him if the medicine made him feel funny inside and without hesitating he said, "YES!"




3 comments:

Janiece said...

So glad you were able to get him treated! I could tell while around him, the poor little guy has a lot of trouble breathing! Assure him, not all his gifts will be this much fun, HA!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Glad he's finally going to get some relief!

Vonnie said...

I do not like Albuterol!!No siree. I've had it myself and I do not like the way it makes me feel. Glad he's breathing better.