Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Once in a lifetime happened yesterday!

Kenton shot his first buck. I almost wasn't there to be part of it. Thanks to a convict escaping from our local prison, the kids and I went along. I am SO thankful I changed my plans and went along. It was a day that will never happen again in Kenton's life and nothing would have been worth missing it. For more in depth detail and info and LOTS of pictures see Byron's blog http://www.keepvillechurch.blogspot.com/ .
The abbreviated version of the day is this: Kenton shot a 2 point half rack. A perfect beginning for a 7 yr old hunter!!

Here's a couple of my favorite pics...

Ready for the hunt!


My 2 favorite hunters!


Mama & Kenton

Papa & Kenton

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, That is so amazing! He looks like such a tiny adorable little hunter.I'm glad it worked out that you were there for it. I hope they have caught that convict. I just thought I would stop in and check on you guys and see how you were all doing. Keep it touch. Love, Becky

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Becky,

You are making my brain work too hard at midnight!!! LOL I know about 6 "Becky's".... At any rate, thanks for commenting!!! I think he is adorable of course but its nice to hear someone else agree. The convict is still on the loose... ugh...

Julie

tacomom said...

Wow, they let them hunt so young! But he did good :):)

Becky said...

I know of a few guys that would be envious of Kenton. He did a wonderful job, and I am sure he is very proud.

Janiece said...

Very cool Kenton!!! Daddy is sure to make a hunter out of him, isn't he?! Make sure you get that one mounted, it will look good in his bedroom!