Monday, December 17, 2007

From the Parsonage Family

When our first Christmas came along after we went into the pastorate, we immediately realized that we wanted to somehow show our appreciation and love to our people. Each year its been a challenge to find something we can give that we can afford. Each year the list gets bigger!! Thank the Lord for our growing circle of influence! This year we decided to do fudge plates. I found adorable little plastic plates at Dollar General and away I went. By this Sunday we will have given away almost 70 of these plates. This picture is just one batch. We are giving these to all our church people and our neighbors. I am also making them for Vincent's teacher, principal, school secretaries & bus drivers. Anyways, Byron wanted me to make this entry so that we'll remember it next year! LOL I've made 8 batches of fudge so far....... I think I am tired of fudge. :-)


This picture shows some fudge trays already completed and some that need wrapped yet.


5 comments:

Becky said...

The fudge looks yummy! I'm sure each one will enjoy.

Merry Christmas

Samantha said...

Those look great!! Wish i was a neighbor! :) You are lucky your dh passes them out...i am the extrovert and dh is the introvert, so in my world it would be me....you lucky thing!

A Peek Into My Life said...

That is a very beautiful & thoughtful gift! (Whew! And what a lot of work for you!) :) I love the way you guys let your church people know how much you care for them too.

If I don't chat with you anymore beforehand....I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Janiece said...

Looks sooo yummy! You are so good! I made one big bag of cho. covered pretzels, a batch of cookies and candy and I was tired of doing it, lol! So much for all the other goodies I had on my list to make, HA!

Michelle said...

Fudge is probably my favorite and I have a very easy microwave recipe I use. I admire your energy in being able to do all of that that; I'm like Janiece and I get tired of it really quick!