Friday, December 7, 2007





It's been awhile since I was able to do a "Thankful Thursday" post but I wanted to be sure to do one today.

I want to thank the Lord for my sister. My sister and I, admittedly, did not get along very well until I got married and left home. She and I are 5 yrs apart in age and for whatever reason, I felt she was "all that" when we were growing up. However, in the last 11 yrs or so we have become best friends. I not even sure how or when it happened but it did and I am so thankful.

Allow me to reminisce a bit.....

My first vivid memory's of my sister were when she was 4. She had emergency surgery to remove her appendix. She was the star of the "show" for months. I remember the church people brought her gifts for days and days and they weren't just any gifts mind you!! It was Christmas every day in her hospital room!!! I remember vividly praying that my appendix would need to be removed as well. Guess what? Didn't happen. I am 30 yrs old and still have a healthy appendix.

My sister and I fought (typically involved biting, pulling hair and nasty comments) allot. She had more healthy issues than I (I was never sick) so my mom would often say to me, "Julie! If your sister dies you're gonna wish you treated her nicer!!" At the time I would think, "ya right!" However, now, that thought just shakes me up a bit.

I remember vividly the time we went home to visit after I'd gotten married and she informed me that she was pretty sure she and Stephen were going to start dating. I remember immediately thinking, "this is it". Not sure why. Didn't really even know Stephen other than he had been a little boy in our church. However, he's been a great husband to her and a wonderful daddy to my nieces.

Shandra has given me 2 adorable nieces - cousins for my kids. She's a fantastic mom and her girls are testaments to that fact.

Shandra is so many things I wish I could be. She is super organized and creative. She outgoing and funny. She is my best friend. I am SO thankful God sent her into our lives.

So, Shandra - I love you SO much!!! And Stephen you're not so bad yourself!! You are so much fun to pick on though!!! LOL




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now it's my turn to cry! Love ya! You the best big sister ever! :-)