Monday, December 3, 2007

Vincent helps Ms. T

Thursday Vincent came home and informed me that the kids at school had to make ornaments for Ms. T's tree in the cafeteria. He was very insistent. I questioned him fairly in depth then informed him that I would get stuff the next day for the project. Friday night when he came home he was all the more insistent. I checked his book bag to see if his teacher had sent anything home telling me about this project. Nothing. His teacher is very very good about letting us know about things like this in plenty of time. Vincent was telling me this was due Monday (Today). So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to let him do one. If the story was a figment of his own imagination, oh well. We'd have an extra ornament. Here is the note from his teacher regarding my email to her about it:

Julie,
They heard Miss T talking in the cafeteria and apparently several of them took it upon themselves to help her out. Yes, each class was asked to make ornaments for the cafeteria tree and we will make something here this week. Vincent and two others in my room took it to heart that she needed help. So, before I even discussed it in class, they thought it was their job to do! So--- the extra ornaments from home will be displayed along with all the others. I think that concern and care to help others should be encouraged but did not mean for it to be a problem for families to worry about. Thanks for helping him with the little tree. It is cute and he was so proud. He carefully told me his patterns on the red and green beads too. He showed all the ladies in the office and everyone he met in the hall!----Teacher (I edited a small bit out for matters of privacy)

Here is Vincent proudly working on his project.



The glue was still wet when we took this picture....

4 comments:

Angie said...

Great Leadership, Vincent! What a way to get a job done, Buddy!

Samantha said...

What a caring and thoughtful little man you have there!

A Peek Into My Life said...

That is just precious that he is that compassionate!! I hope he is always that caring!

Janiece said...

Too cute! Tell Vincent he did a GREAT job! He can make me one for my tree now, HA!