Thursday, December 20, 2007



This Thursday I want to take time to be thankful for the friends God has sent into my life.

There's the friend from PA who is actually a "new" friend but she and I just kinda "clicked" and I feel like we've known each other forever. It helps that she and I have tons in common - the biggest of which is that our husbands share the same calling. I feel like I can be "me" when I am with her and that she's ok with that!! She is one of the few that I've felt totally "at home" with.

Then there is my friend from FL. She is one of my most loyal encouragers and prayer supporters. She challenges me by her life in so many many ways.

Then, there are my "Internet" friends. Some of you are probably gasping. I have some incredibly dear friends who I met on the Internet 7+ yrs ago. We've stuck together through thick and thin. Some of us have met in real life. Some I hope to meet soon!! But, we are all intertwined together by our passion for God and by our love for our family - AND, by our need for each other. I can bring any prayer request to these "girls" and I have no doubt in my mind that each one of them are praying for me/the need.

Then there are my 2 friends (part of the above group) who knew I have this serious addiction to "Just Born" marshmallow "peeps". So, they each sent me 10 boxes of marshmallow trees and snowmen. Thank you girls!!!! You have no idea how that made me smile.

Then there is my Alaska friend who never ceases to make me laugh. She always seems to know the right thing to say to my ponderings.

Thank the Lord for sending the women into my life who have made me a better wife, mother and pastor's wife. My life is so much better because of you all!!! It is my prayer that I will be the kind of friend that these ladies have been to me!!

Love ya lots girls!!!

5 comments:

Angie D said...

Put those Peeps in the microwave and watch what happens. (Okay, I'm strange--but it really amused me...)

Christine said...

Julie...

You amaze me with all that you do. You give more than any person I know. I pray for you often.

Candi said...

I agree--you are such a caring, giving person. A wonderful friend to have!

Michelle said...

Only Angie...

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! I'm so thankful for YOU!!