Saturday, September 8, 2007

Happy Grandparents Day!

Today is Grandparent's Day. Unfortunately, 1/2 of my kids grandparents won't be able to see this blog entry and 1/2 of my grandparents won't be able to see this entry. Byron has one grandparent still alive and I think she may eventually get to see this. At any rate, this entry is dedicated to my kids grandparents and to Byron's & my grandparents.

Byron & I are so very blessed with wonderful Grandparents. Byron has often shared many memories of his grandparents. Granny Gurnee is 87 yrs old and our kids enjoy visiting her so much. She has been so good to Byron and I and often sends up groceries to help us out. Not long ago, we were traveling through the night to reach our destination and Granny faithfully called Byron every hour to help keep him awake. Thanks, Granny!!

I am blessed to have 2 sets of grandparents still alive and 1 great grandmother.

All of my grandparents did a good job of making me feel special and loved when I was a child and now that I am an adult it is not quite as easy to do that, they all still do a good job of it. I am very blessed by the grandparents I have. I love you Mama & Papa & Grandpa & Grandma!!!

Gr. Grandma Blair was always a busy lady as long as I've known her. My earliest memories of her are from when she was the "dorm mother" for the PSI girls. I have so many fond memories of those days. She always made sure she had a box of cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts in her cupboard when I came to visit!

My kids have to be the most blessed children ever in the grandparent department. Byron and I have often said that we can't provide our children with the latest toys and gadgets or the best of clothing or even name brand delicacy's but we are able to give them the world's best grandparents. We couldn't ask for better for our children and our children know they are deeply loved by all four of their grandparents (and by their GREAT grandparents).

Here are some of my favorite "grandparent" pictures. I see that I need to take more pictures with my family.... Sorry guys!!

Mama & Papa Blair (Julie's Maternal Grandparents)








Grandpa & Grandma Wallace (Julie's Paternal Grandparents)





Great Grandma Blair (Julie's Maternal Great Grandmother)


Great Grandma McCracken (Julie's Maternal Gr. Grandma - passed away a couple months ago)




Granny (Ruby) Gurnee (Byron's Paternal Grandmother)









Mama & Papa Gurnee (Byron's Parents)












Mama & Papa Wallace (Julie's Parents)






No comments: