Sunday, September 16, 2007

Our "one light" town

Albion, PA. Any of you ever heard of it before? Ever been here? It is the coolest town ever in my humble opinion. Where else in America would you see farm tractors proudly driven by dad or mom with Jr. riding on his lap - down main street!! Or, a line of snowmobiles driving down main street headed for the gas station to fuel up. Our little town has 1 traffic light, one gas station, 1 fast food restaurant (McDonald's), an old fashioned corner drug store and a "Dollar General" which has been affectionately renamed - "The Albion Mall". We have an "old fashioned" feed mill that looks and smells like feed mills used to look like and smell like. We have a little "mom and pop" grocery story and a couple pizza shops. This is the kind of town where you go into a store and everyone knows your name. I went into the grocery store last week and heard, "There's the preachers wife!" Since moving here, I have seemed to loose my identity. I am now mostly known as "Pastor Byron's wife" - but that's ok.

We are just truly very very blessed to live in a wonderful, farm community where everybody knows everybody and looks out for each other.

Recently our town had some fun activities for the kids. The boys participated in a pedal tractor pull and had fun catching some perch.....










2 comments:

sankey family said...

It sounds like my kind of place. Maybe someday the Lord'll let me live in a town like that. But for now, here I am in Mexico....smiles...

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Melodie, would you believe that about 4 yrs ago I told Byron, "I couldn't STAND to live in Albion!" LOL We had driven through here a couple different times and I just thought it was awful!! Until I moved here and the people have endeared themselves to my heart and the community is so kind and accepting and of course, being where God puts you truly makes all the difference. You are ALWAYS welcome to come visit!! We'll show you good ole country hospitality!!