Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Fun

Byron's parents came today and spent the day with us. We had a very nice, relaxing time with them. One of the projects today was a clubhouse for the kids. Papa & Mama Gurnee decided that the kids needed one so they brought the supplies and materials and today they got the floor done. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from today.

The one I REALLY wanted to get doesn't exist though. I wasn't allowed to take it. You'll have to ask my mother-in-law and father-in-law which picture that might be. I promised them I wouldn't take a picture of the 2 of them plus a carseat with my youngest child stuffed like sardines in their SMALL S10 stick shift pickup. It only took Byron about 10 tries to get the side door pushed shut. It kept bouncing back for some odd reason...... Anyways..... I haven't heard if they needed anyone to pry them out once they got home. It was quite a picture though!!!! :-) (Sorry Mom & Dad G.... I couldn't resist. I promised not to take a picture but I didn't say I wouldn't share so that everyone can get a mental picture!!!!) :-) I am now probably their worst daughter in law. Oh, wait. I am their ONLY daughter in law!!!! LOL


Byron and his dad working on the kids clubhouse




The floor of the clubhouse



Do I really have to eat all this mom?



What an adorable DIRTY face!!



Alyssa steers the tractor all by herself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Real Nice! We come on a holiday and provide all of the supplies
for the base of the kid's playhouse and our favorite daughter-in-law
tells the whole world how hard it is for us to get back in our
economical pickup truck to go back home - even though we were taking the
youngest grandchild home with us so that the favorite daughter-in-law
could have additional time in the next few days to take naps! Besides
helping to build the playhouse base we also provided driver education
for the youngest grandchild.

lalol (lots and lots of laughs)

Your Favorite Father-in-law

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Lots of naps!!!! I think you must have gotten too much sun today!!! LOL You must be mistaking my schedule with yours - being retired and all.......

Julie

tacomom said...

That is too funny! But how awesome for the grandparents to build a clubhouse! My kids would have loved that. Maybe I'll put a bug in fil's ear :)

Candi said...

Great pictures!! Oh, how your kids are going to love that clubhouse!!

Michelle said...

Hmmm, seems Byron gets his personality honestly...