Tuesday, October 9, 2007

13 Years!

Thirteen years ago today I became, Mrs. Julie Gurnee TO BE!! It was a Sunday and Byron had carefully made specific plans for the day. I had spent the weekend with him and his family. I had spent Saturday night at his Grandma's apartment. Sunday morning he called and he frantically informed me that it was raining outside! I couldn't figure out what the problem was in that since it WAS Sunday and most of the day would be spent in church anyways. Well, after dinner at his parents he told me that he wanted to go for a walk in their woods. Thankfully, the Lord answered his prayers and the rain had stopped by then. Following a very nice (read: romantic) walk in the woods, he proposed to me under a grapevine "arbor". It was very lovely!! Eight months later we were married.

Thanks for asking me to marry you Sweetheart!!! I don't regret saying, "yes" for one minute!! I love being your wife!! Thank you for being such a great husband!!

Here is us "way back then" This was our engagement picture..... Not sure why the color is so weird on the scanned picture. But... you can get the idea of how we've aged!!! LOL



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you tell that skinny guy to get his arms off from around you!!! Oops I guess that is me...WOW!! Funny how we... I mean I don't even look like... uh well... that skinny anymore!!

PS. Where did that big Poof go??? HEEHAW!! :)

JoEllen K. said...

Well, it sure looks like you have fed him VERY well the past 13 years!!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! In that picture, i can totally see Vincent in you! I barely recognized Byron! The same thing happened to my dh....he says it is from all the "good cookin'" from his great wife ;) that stinker!

i like the poof!

samantha

sankey family said...

Happy Engagement Anniversary - yes, time does change us all, doesn't it?

Melodie

tacomom said...

What a great date! How funny that we sorta share this one (others reading this comment can see my blog for details). On this actual day in history (1994) I was puke sick with Britnee on the way. Can't say as I remember how we celebrated our "first date anniversary" that year.

Mamabear said...

Wow!! hehehehe,, LOVE the poof!!! Thanks for sharing!! It will be 16 yrs for us this month!

Candi said...

That's a great picture, Julie!!

Janiece said...

Awww, how sweet! Ya know you didn't have to say all those mushy, things about him, because we REALLY know how he is, LOL! You have aged very gracefully, you look pretty much the same, just without the "baby face".

Carrie said...

Goodness! The two of you look like little kids!!

David B. Smith said...

Busy moms have to find fast and easy hair styles. It only takes a few kids to "poof-proof" your hair.