Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thankful Thursday




First of all.. my deepest apologies (not sure to whom but anyways) for missing last week's "Thankful Thursday".... I was away and my host and hostess do not have internet. I was, however, still very thankful on that day. I simply could not share with my fellow bloggers.

So... we've come upon another Thursday. In this past week, God has used some wonderful people to bless our lives. So, today, on this Thankful Thursday I want to thank the Lord for 3 people (there are many many who have blessed our lives but this week is dedicated to these 3):

1. My inlaws. Jim & Mary Lou are the best in laws one could ever ask for. All the "inlaw" jokes you've ever told or heard? Well, none of them apply here. I DO get alot of pleasure out of teasing my father in law about various issues. None of which I'll divulge to my audience. LOL Anyways.... Byron's parents have been a blessing to our marriage in more ways than I could take time to write about. We can always count on their prayers - even if we've not asked for them specifically. Financially... well... lets just say that our kids have never gone without diapers and we've never had to hitchhike!! We owe them alot!!! It is our desire that someday we'll be able to partner with our kids and give them the "shot in the arm" financially, emotionally and spiritually that Byron's parents have been to us.

2. Our van has needed tires. Badly. Maybe I should say, "Baldly". They are BAD. They are 2 years old and gone MANY MANY MANY miles. However, we did NOT have money for tires. We had projected that we could probably (read: hopefully) go another 1-2 months before getting new ones. Sunday evening, Cheryl, one of our dear church ladies came up to me and asked me if we had a tire dealer we work with. I was puzzled. Wondering if she needed tires. I said, "Well, we have one that we've dealt with before. Why?" She said, "Well, I want to buy you tires for Pastor Appreciation Month." I asked her how she knew we needed them. She said, "Honey, your van is parked outside the church door and bald is bald and your's are BALD!" So.... the Lord took care of that MAJOR need for us. Thanks so much Cheryl!!

3. While we're on the subject of tires.... Byron headed out yesterday afternoon and guess what happened? Yep. One of the bald tires decided to give up the ghost. So, he limped to the nearest tire dealership (not the one we deal with) and a very helpful (but exceptionally incompetent) employee patched the tire and Byron came on home. This AM he headed out to tend to the business of the day and guess what? The same tire was flatter than the pancakes he didn't get to eat for breakfast. And, the spare tire is pretty much a permanent fixture of the van apparently. So, because he had an appointment at 8:00 that he had to be at, we started making calls to find alternate transportation. However, most "normal" human beings are not awake and fully dressed and ready to assist vehicle-less pastors at that early morning hour. He did find a neighbor who was willing to take him to his appointment. However, that left the pastor's vehicle still up on a jack in the pastor's driveway. Here come's my 3rd "Thankful Thursday" subject.... Enter Jerry Dalrymple, another one of our wonderful parishioners... Jerry drove from Ohio (doesn't' that sound impressive!!!??!!), picked up our bad tire and took it to get it fixed (yet again), then brought it back and put it back on the van!!! Thank you so much Jerry!!!!!

2 comments:

RicKaren said...

Julie, I enjoy reading your blog and I really like your 'Thankful Thursdays' Keep up the good work!
Karen

Michelle said...

Awesome about the tires! Happy Pastor Appreciation Month!