Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Pastor's Appreciation Month

October has been designated by Hallmark as "Clergy Appreciation Month". Our people here at Keepville are wonderful to us and we appreciate them and love them deeply. Today I went and purchased our local newspaper. Inside it we found this:


Thank you Tom & Marcella for instigating this!!

Also, since this is my blog.... Byron is also MY pastor and I just want you all to know that in my opinion he is the absolute best pastor you could ever find!!!

7 comments:

~*Amber*~ said...

Awww...that was REALLY sweet of them!! Nice idea too! Did you have any idea something was in the paper or do you generally buy a paper?

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

We had no clue. We buy a newspaper (it only comes out once a week) about 50% of the time.

~*Amber*~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tacomom said...

That is very cool! Sounds like you guys have a thoughtful congregation :) And for them to make a public announcement makes it even better than just saying it to you.

Janiece said...

Very nice, I know you all appreciate them too!

Living Beyond said...

Oh just had to comment - I came to your blog through the "Place for Ministry Wives" I think it's wonderful that you have a couple in your church who obviously think a whole lot about you. That's wonderful. I have enjoyed your blog!!

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

That is so sweet!