Tuesday, August 14, 2007

All in a days work

Today has been a fun day - but I'm tired!!! Some of our dear church people had given us fresh blueberries, cucumbers and zucchini so I dug in today and decided to put it to good use!! I made 4 batches of fresh blueberry muffins (60 muffins) and 1 batch of double chocolate zucchini muffins (24 muffins). My family turned up their noses to the zucchini muffins when I told them about them but alas, they really did like them!! Thanks, Janiece for telling me about the recipe!

We were to have company tonight for dinner so I made up the chicken casserole, the cheesy potatoes and the cucumber salad and had all the fruits of my labors sitting on the table while I cleaned up. As I glanced at the table I thought, hmmmm, that'd make a nice picture to remind me that hard work pays off!!! :-) Once I see the picture though it sure doesn't look like very much pay off for so much work and mess!! LOL I had already given away about 4 plates of muffins by the time I took this picture. Byron is out right now calling on neighbors and church people and passing out the other 12 plates of muffins. Now, I just pray that God will bless my baking and allow it to touch the people to whom the muffins are given.


10 comments:

sankey family said...

Oh wow - that makes me hungry. They look scruptious!
What a resourceful idea for outreach. I had a teacher at GBS who told of the incredible impact a blueberry bundt cake, given at just the right time and place, made on the hearts of their family. Who knows what impact you made today!

Melodie

Anonymous said...

Too bad you had to give them away to all our neighbors and church people.....you could have given your pastor a plate!! :)

Candi said...

Yummy!! Funny how sometimes a picture just can't do justice for all our hard work.

I'm sure the muffins were very much appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

They sure look yummy! I always tell my kids they at least HAVE to try at least one bite of it and if you don't like it, you don't have to try it again :)

Carrie said...

Those look tasty!

Michelle said...

Yum! I love blueberry muffins (the real kind - not the kind in a box!).

Kimberly said...

The muffins look delicious..and what a sweet gesture..and great way of connecting!

Leah said...

Julie, I am on myholiness which is how I know you. Can't remember if I told you that or not! Enjoyed reading your blog!

Becky said...

Julie, Don't know if you remember me or not, but I am Dan Toth's sister. Isn't it funny how we can find old friends thru the internet? Enjoyed your blog.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I miss my mom's chocolate chip zucchini bread! Delightful! Sure, you don't wanna ship some down south?!