Friday, August 24, 2007

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

I am so very very blessed with 4 wonderful children. Somedays, admittedly, I long for peace and quiet and solitude but times like today make it all worthwhile. Here's a conversation we had just a little bit ago....

Alyssa (as she slammed the back door behind her): "Mommy, Mommy!!! I brought you some flowers!!"
I turn around from my sink full of dishes (no I do not have a dishwasher) and this is what I see....

I say: "Thank you so much for the beautiful bouquet honey!!!"

Vincent: "That's not flowers!! That's just weeds and grass!!! "


Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are the greatest for finding flowers - all kinds...they even brought me a dandelion one day! I imagined it was a rose.
Love, Mama Gurnee