Monday, August 6, 2007

The prayers of Friends

Have you ever really thought about prayer? I am convinced it is the most effective tool we have in this life yet it seems to be the least utilized.

Today, a dear friend of mine sent me this via email:

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them your peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. In Jesus ' precious name. Amen.

To you, our family and friends, I am praying this same prayer.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Amen. I've been thinking along these same lines as of late. Really hungering for a deeper prayer life.

Welcome to the blogging world. It is fun to connect instantaneously over long distances.