Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

My mom's birthday was this past Thursday. Since the kids did not have school Friday, we made the trip "home" and met my parents for supper to celebrate. My mom had NO idea we were coming and I wish you all could have seen the look on her face as the kids rushed up to her car door and attacked her. It was priceless. I didn't get a picture (it was dark) but you'll have to just trust me.

My sister and I had spent most of the week planning and scheming. Mom did NOT make it easy for us!!! First, she told my dad that instead of going out to eat on Thurs (her actual birthday) that she wanted them to go out Tuesday night instead. Well, after that panic was over, then she decided to schedule a shopping trip with my sister for Thursday - 80 minutes from home. We were sure that after a day of shopping, she would would back out of going out to eat Thursday night. Sure enough, she told dad that she'd be shopping all day Thursday and wouldn't have enough energy to go out to eat that night. AUGH!!!!! So, my sister told her that she couldn't go because Stephen didn't go work until 1:00. Well, Mom decided they could just go AFTER that. AUGH!!!!!

Mom then decided that they could just go to a local restaurant rather than go into town to eat - at the place we had already decided on. AUGH!!!! So, dad convinced her that he had some items he needed to pick up in town so she agree. Before it was all said and done, my sister called our grandmother who is in Florida who then called mom and basically t old her that she was nuts for trying to get out of going out for her birthday. LOL It all worked out and she was enormously surprised - which made all the hard work worth it!!!




Kendra gets a hug


Time to try on Mama's glasses




The family - minus my sister's crew

2 comments:

tacomom said...

What a nice surprise for your Mom. But how frustrating to have all your plans look like they were getting changed! lol!!

Thomas M. said...

That story was too cool! It was great that everything worked out!