Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Perfect Church

I was reading my husbands blog this AM and he had posted this awesome poem. I wanted to share it with my readers also.

If you should find the perfect church without fault or smear,
Please, don't join that church, you'd spoil the atmosphere.
If you should find the perfect church where all anxieties cease,
Then pass it by lest joining it you mar the masterpiece.

If you should find the perfect church, then don't you ever dare
To tread upon such holy ground you'd be a misfit there.
But since no perfect church exists... made of imperfect men,
Then let's cease looking for that church, and love the one we're in.

Of course it's not a perfect church, that's simple to discern,
But you and I and all of us could cause the tide to turn.
So let's keep working in our church until the resurrection,
And then we each will join God's church without an imperfection.
Author Unknown

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Really good!! I like that!