Tuesday, January 29, 2008

She's Running Away


My 3 yr old just informed me that she is going to run away. What awful thing did I make her do to elicit such a response? I peeled an orange for her then told her she had to stay in the kitchen to eat it. She argued with me and I told her that if she left the kitchen with it she would be disciplined. She then said, "fine. I'll just run away." I told her I'd go pack her bag. She just looked at me like I was crazy. I explained that at night it would get cold and dark and she would be scared. She quickly although somewhat reluctantly changed her mind.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Don't you love the reverse psychology they try? I made Ashlee clean up a tub of toys by herself once as I knew that she was the one who dumped it because I saw her. She got upset and tried to hurt my feelings by saying she didn't want to live here anymore. I said, "Okay, I'll find you a new mommy". Boy, the tears that came when I said that! She said "I didn't mean it, I want to stay with you". I told her she needs to learn not to say something she really doesn't mean. So she got 2 lessons in life....

Mamabear said...

Aw,,poor little girl, how could you be so cruel??? :-D ..and now your going to leave her for a WEKK!! ..and 4000 miles away! LOL (I can tease now, tickets are bought, you can't back out now!!!)

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I can send someone else with Byron!!! LOL