Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Midnight Musings

Please excuse the cheesy title.

Now that we have that out of the way....... here it is 11:32 PM and I am supposed to be sound asleep for over an hour now. Here's the deal: Byron is a morning person. Crazy, huh? Yeah. I agree. He loves to wake up while it is yet dark outside. That'd be OK if we lived in a large house made out of something sturdier than tin foil. Since, however, we do NOT live in a house - but rather a tin can - typically we all are awake at sinfully early morning hours. As you've likely figured out already, I am the normal one of our delightful duo - I am the night owl. I find that I can accomplish more from 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM than I can all day (Do ya think that would have anything to do with the fact that at that time of day I don't have 4 kids wildly seeking whom they may devour and husband seekign to get his money's worth from his "help mate"?). It is such an awesome feeling to climb into bed at 1:30 AM and know that the house is cleaned up, the clothes for the next day are laid out, lunches packed, etc. Well, anyways.....

Since it was obvious that something had to give, I decided that starting Jan 1, 2008, I was going to start going to bed at 9:30 with Byron and getting up willingly, on my own accord, when he gets up. Well, between holidays, sickness, etc - tonight is the first night this was actually going to take effect. Well....... I did make it to bed on time. But, after tossing and turning for 90 min. I decided to give up.

So, here I sit. I'm about to get off here and go sweep and make lunches. Guess "they" were right... you can't teach a mature dog new tricks.

1 comment:

Shandra said...

How funny. You can't say you didn't try!! I love the being up at "sinful hours" part. I've felt that way when 2 little Gurnees were at my place!! :-) The feelings I had at being up that time in the morning were definitely sinful!!! Lol