Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am Married to the BEST man EVER!!


Several years ago my mother in law gave me her kitchen aid mixer. I use it - on average - 5 days a week. I LOVE the machine. Well, in September the beloved mixer died. Byron told me he'd look at it and see if it was fixable. Well, between then and now, Byron has not had a spare minute to work on it. I've been hobbling along without it. Thanks to a wonderful neighbor who so kindly has lended me her mixer multiple times. Somewhere along the way, I purchased a "cheap" handheld mixer and it promptly died a couple weeks later.


Fast forward to tonight.....


I got home from picking up a few groceries and my darling husband walked in the front door carrying my old faithful kitchen aid!!!! It's FIXED!!!! I am SOOOOO SOOOO happy!!!!!!!! We figure that this "old faithful" is approximately 50 years old and now... GOING STRONG!!!!


PS... the mixer pictured above is NOT my mixer. My mixer is QUITE old and looks its age. That mixer pictured above is my dream mixer. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do without my Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it. My mom gave it to me several years ago for Christmas and it has been well used ever since.


Rhonda

Mamabear said...

I have one too, Julie!! Lovelovelove it.

Vonnie said...

Sorry to let you know, I'm married to the best man ever!! But that aside, I have your "dream" mixer (same color and everything) only I can't stand it. I'll take my Mom's old Sunbeam any day. :) Sorry mamabear, didn't know you had one but that is just my opinion.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Well, Vonnie.. if you ever want to get rid of your mixer I have a Sunbeam I can trade!!! I'm thinking it wouldn't be a fair trade though. Oh, and did I mention its a handheld??? LOL Seriously though, I will cry seroius tears when this thing dies for good.

A Peek Into My Life said...

Glad you got your mixer fixed. Sounds like it's definitely something that makes your life easier! Since I use a fork to mix brownies & instant potatoes.... I can't really relate.

(LOL J/K!)