Saturday, April 12, 2008

He Got Me!!


Well, my husband did the impossible. He planned a surprise birthday party for me - totally under my nose - without me finding out about it. Now, granted, looking back on the last couple months, I can see multiple slip ups and allot of things that were "strange" to me at the time - all make sense now. However, he managed to plan, orchestrate and successfully pull of a surprise party Friday night for 70+ people. I was under the impression that we were planning a party for Kenton's birthday but instead, it was for me!!! For those of you who don't know, Kenton and I share the same birthday - 4/7. The party was also for Kenton but I had no clue it was for me as well!


So, needless to say, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely evening and it was so heartwarming to see so many people come to show me that they care. I would post allot of pictures but Byron has a ton on his blog so you can hop over there and see them. And just in case you wonder, the bright colored walls are NOT our house. We had the party at our community youth center. And here are more pics.

7 comments:

emily said...

awww, how sweet!! i hope you were surprised...only my husband thought it was last week...which is why you got my weird message. i hope you had a wonderful time & a very happy birthday!! i am home with 3 very sick boys who i hope and pray dont give it to their sister! btw i'm not capitalizing anything because i'm trying to burp her and hold her with my other arm=) cant wait to see you!
love ya!

Angie said...

That was so sweet!! So did you hit the BIG 30????? Hope you have a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Glad Byron was able to pull it off!

sankey family said...

Yay for Byron! And happy birthday to you.

Janiece said...

Very neat! Way to go Bryon, I wonder how many "brownie points" this got ya, HA!

A Peek Into My Life said...

Awww, that was so sweet!!! Happy Birthday! :)

Vonnie said...

Looks like fun!!! Happy Birthday!!