Monday, April 28, 2008

The Verdict is In


Today I took my 2 girls for their yearly check up. Before the doctor came in Alyssa asked me what the doctor was going to say. I told her that the doctor was going to tell her that she was a monkey. She said, "no she's not going to say that!!!"


Well, the doctor came in and right away Alyssa asked her. I slyly winked at the doctor - who by the way is a wonderful wonderful doctor. She took my cue and said,"Well, do you like to climb trees?"Alyssa assured her that she does. Then the doctor said,"Do you like to climb onto your mommy's lap?" Alyssa nodded happily. The doctor said, "Yes, you are definately a monkey!" Alyssa got this look on her face that clearly said, "I cannot believe this doctor just said that!!"


So, right away, Kendra pipes up..."Am I a monkey too?" The doctor said, "Well, do you climb onto your mommy's lap?" Kendra said, "No!! My mommy picks me up and puts me on her lap!" The doctor laughed and said, "then no, you are NOT a monkey."


At which point Kendra looked at Alyssa and said, "Ha ha!!"

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

Too good!!

Becky said...

How cute! Kids say silliest things sometimes, but you got to love them.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Thanks for the smile. :)

A Peek Into My Life said...

Too cute! :)

Melanie C. said...

That is an awesome story/happening!!