Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for my van. I have been moaning and groaning allot lately about gas prices. It costs around 80.00 to fill our van and lately we've been filling up at least once a week. We have 2 parishioners in the hospital in 2 different directions. Byron has been going every other day to visit them and its been excruciating to our gas bill. Consequently, I've been spending alot of time in prayer (and quite abit of whining too). This AM, as I was having my devotions, once again I was appealling to God for some relief in this area and He ever so gently - yet very clearly - reminded me that some people don't even have a vehicle to drive. So, in the grand scheme of things, I/we are very blessed to even have a vehicle to need gas. So, today, on "Thankful Thursday", I am thanking the Lord for our van and the ability to get from one place to another without walking.

2 comments:

Carla said...

$80?! I wish! Try $100. And that's when the pump shuts off. Our buggy has been known to go a few bucks over that at times. Oh well! Like you I am very thankful to have a vehicle to drive.

Vonnie said...

OK, I'll try to be thankful along with you for a vehicle. Last time we filled our Excursion (I have six kids, BTW) it cost $110... and it wasn't all the way empty, maybe had 1/8th of a tank. :(((