Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fire and Memories

We got word last night that the maintenance building at AWC was destroyed with fire. I immediately was flooded with memories of that building. As newly weds Byron and I spent many hours there as he worked with Wes Patterson in the maintenance department. Byron spent hours and hours working on the equipment. He totally "remodeled" the building when he first started so that it'd be more efficient as a shop. He added heat, telephone, electric, etc. He spent many evenings there so I would go up and spend time with him as he worked. The backhoe that you can see inside the burning building was the backhoe Byron rebuilt many times. We are told that AWC did have insurance on the building - $50,000.00 worth. The only thing to survive the fire was the Ford tractor that my dad and uncle donated to the school 14+ years ago. Here is the link to the Salem News pictures. My pics here aren't very big for some reason.






No comments: