Thursday, February 7, 2008

When Did We Forget To Add God To the Equation?

So Romney packed up his toys and went home. (Well, actually I guess he kept his toys/delegates since he simply suspended rather and quit.)

The media is scratching their head(s) trying to figure out how their "2 man race" all the sudden IS a "2 man race" but with the "wrong" 2nd man.

And McCain is already proclaiming victory.

Oh, and we conservatives? We've already started planning what life is going to be like with Obama in the White House.

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!

I'm sitting here helping my kids with a project that they are clearly wanting to do on their own - without my help. I'm sitting here listening to them squabble and bicker because they know they aren't getting the job done as good as it could be - or even how they want it to be. I just hollered out to them (they are in the other room) and asked them if they wanted my help. Guess what they said, "No mom - we can do it ourselves!"

So, here I sit. I am totally capable of making the project perfect and right. But, because they think they can do it themselves I am not able to step in and help them.

Does that little scenario sound even vaguely familiar? Yeah. That's what I thought too. I can just see our Heavenly Father sitting up in Heaven looking down at us shaking His head. He's probably thinking something like this, "If my children would just stop trying to figure this out all by themselves and stop thinking like children - I'd be able to move mountains. But while they hurry and scurry around like frantic mice and forget to let me be in charge, I must sit back and let them try to solve their own battles."

You know, here's the thing... all conservatives can see is Hillary or Obama in the White House so they are FRANTIC to get a nominee in who would SEEM to be the better one to win against the dems. HOWEVER... what everyone seems to be forgetting is that "where seems to be no way, God can make a way". I am appalled at the lack of faith in God's power to put into leadership a moral man and one who - while not perfect - would at least be "clean".

Everyone needs to quit surrendering the battle and start fighting for goodness sakes. If you don't like McCain - FIGHT. Its not like he's the only choice.

Gov. Huckabee's campaign has been one miracle after another and its only been because of God. Surely there is some purpose behind that. Mike Huckabee joined the race because he felt God told Him too. I'm sure there will be some that will say, "yeah, that just makes it sound better for him" - but I'm willing to take him at his word. So, if God called him to run. I'm kinda thinking that perhaps it wouldn't hurt us to see if we have been called to vote for him?

It just seems so elementary to me and I can't comprehend why the CHM is giving up so early in the battle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not sure that you and have ever met but your hubby and my little sister were in school together. I jumped over here from Lisa's blog and just had to say. "AMEN!" I haven't blogged about politics but have been amazed by my friends who would vote for Romney. I was glad to see he "suspended" his campaign. I hope to see Huckabee gather strength from this!
Say hello to Byron from me and tell him I said looking at his kids are like looking back through time at him! :-)

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Amy, I went to IWS and you look very familiar to me. Should I know you? :-) I passed your message on!!

Julie

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Julie,

She is Amy Pharis graduated in 87...her brother Chris was in my sister Beth's grads and her sister Carol was one grade behind me.

Amy,
I just saw your Dad for the first time in awhile last year at Roger Whippo's mom's funeral at the Zion church.

Byron

tacomom said...

Excellent post, Julie! I'm putting a link to this from my blog. Let's get the word out!! I feel so helpless to know how to accomplish that.