Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stretching My Comfort Zone

Tomorrow night will be the first night of our Ladies Bible Studies. Our church has never done anything like this and we had several express interest so we are starting one for the ladies. We will meet each Wednesday night here at the parsonage at 7:00.

However, I need you all to pray for me. While I am IN a position of leadership as pastor's wife, I am NOT a leader by nature. I am quite content to follow and support a leader. But, I know that God has called me to do this. That said, however, I am scared to death. I am younger than all these women who are participating - young enough to be a granddaughter to most. Why in the world would they find anything I have to say worth a hill of beans? At any rate, we will be starting by studying Sarah. We are using a book written by Elizabeth George that I am totally delighting in so far. So, if you think of this very empty handed (and sometimes empty headed) Pastor's wife, please pray that God will take my nothingness and speak the truths that need to be taught to our dear ladies.

4 comments:

Tiffany Jill said...

I have a feeling you are going to do a great job. I thnk everyone is a little nervous, but after tonight it will hopefully get easier.

Marla said...

Julie,

I am sure that you will do an awesome job!!

I am reading a book I think is wonderful about Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel and Leah. It is called Water from the Well by Anne Roiphe. It is very informative to me anyway!!

Jen Oettinger said...

Hi Julie,

You will do great! If God called you to do this He will enable you to do it! Just think of the verse, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!" Also, the song, "His Strength is Perfect". Sometimes all it takes is someone to get something like that Bible Study started and then sit back and let God work. Maybe there will be someone in your group that will "catch" the desire to take over.

We would love to see ya'll again sometime! We really miss you!

Jen

A Peek Into My Life said...

I think you'll do great!!!