Saturday, February 9, 2008

In Memory- Dick Black


My great uncle, Dick Black, went on to Heaven yesterday. Dick's wife, Marjorie, is my grandfather's sister. Dick and his wife placed a high value on family and as a result their family has faithfully hosted a huge gathering each Thanksgiving. Up until 2 years ago, it was always in their home. We would have 40 or more people packed in - all enjoying being together. Dick is the first of the Wallace children's siblings spouses to pass away. There are 3 siblings - Lawrence who married Georgena (who happen to be my grandparents), Dorothy who married Bill Martin and Marjorie who married Dick Black. Dick was a farmer and according to my dad, he was out working the fields last fall - still going strong.

Here is a picture of Dick and my dad talking last year at the Thanksgiving dinner.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Sorry for your loss!!