Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You GOTTA Try This!!

Today my friend Cindy came to my house for lunch. Because of a slight conflict in scheduling, the original plan of going out to eat together changed and she came to my house instead. BUT... I didn't have very much time to plan a nice meal. So, I got on the trusty internet (what in the world did we ever do before we had internet?!!) and I found this WONDERFUL recipe. My family LOVED it!! And, best of all, it was simple and quick. I served it with rice and/or baked potatoes. The recipe only serves 2 so I tripled it and had plenty for 5 of us with enough left over for another meal. Here it is!!



Nacho Chicken Casserole
SERVINGS: 2
TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Ingredients:
• 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
• 3/4 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
• 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
• 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons 2% milk
• 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
• 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
• 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the cheeses; stir half into the chicken mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

It was delicious! I can't wait to try it on Tom. It's always nice to find something new to cook.