Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day Off!!!

Any of you Pastor's and Pastor's wives out there who are reading this will understand this post better than the others but I'm excited tonight. Guess why??? I get a day off tomorrow!!!! For most of you, Saturday and Sunday ARE your days off. But not for a parsonage family. Sunday's are the busiest days of the week for us and to be perfectly honest, I am delighted that tomorrow I don't have to iron 6 outfits, comb 5 heads of hair, get a Sunday dinner all prepared and cooking before dashing out the door to church. I'm so excited that my alarm will not be going off at 4:00 AM. I have already instructed the family that I am NOT to be disturbed BEFORE 8:00 AM unless someone has severed a body part or lost a pint of blood. I DO plan to make a nice dinner like normal but I will do it in leisure. Anyways..... while this is not the first Sunday we've had to cancel due to winter weather, it IS the first time church has been cancelled on Saturday night. Typically it is 8:00 or later on Sunday before they decide to cancel and by then I've got the ironing done, the kids are wide awake and getting baths for church, etc. Byron will no doubt have Hobe Sound Bible Church playing so I'm sure I'll not go totally unchurched but I won't have to worry about anyone seeing me in my housecoat while I worship!!! So.... this is truly a treat for me. So... for tomorrow, this is me... lounging and hanging loose!!!


4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Hahahahaha!! Good one... Have a great day. There's not a better way to worship, I'm convinced, than in a bathrobe! :)

Cindy said...

You deserve a day off. Enjoy!

sankey family said...

Enjoy!

Janiece said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off! You sure deserve it!!! Next time tune into our church service, they are better than HS, Ha! Ha!