Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Field Trip Day!

Today was a field trip for Kenton's school. They had a "field trip" to Barnes & Noble in Erie. Kenton LOVED all the books. He was like a kid in a candy store. He would like to have bought one of each I think!! All the other kids had stacks of books they were buying and Kenton was feeling a bit "blue" I think so I broke down and bought him 2. His favorite is a book on his level about John Deere (the guy who created John Deere tractors). He had picked out a Discovery book about the human body and I almost bought it for him but there were 2 other mothers standing there who were desperately wanting it to supplement their schooling (for their kids) and we are not studying that at the moment so he graciously allowed them to have his copy.


Anyways... he had a lovely time and had 3 stories read to him by his teacher. They had the day broken up into grades so there were only approximately 15 K-4th graders there when we were there.

After that Cindy Misch met us and we had a lovely lunch (breakfast in our case) at my favorite restaurant, Cracker Barrel.

P.S. I just saw that Cindy posted some pics on her blog as well!!! Cindy, its always great to be together!!!




K-4th graders in attendance


Kenton reading the "Human Body" book

1 comment:

A Peek Into My Life said...

What a fun field trip! My kids love reading books like the Human Body too. :)