Wednesday, March 5, 2008

If it sounds too good to be true.....


It probably is. Lesson learned. Not sure my kids understand yet though!!

Anyways..... I've been wanting/needing/wishing for a dishwasher for sometime now. I'm getting weary of hand washing 18 plates a day, 45 cups, 75 utensils, 20 pots/pans, etc. Last week I saw an advertisement for a free dishwasher. I inquired about it but someone had beat me to it. So, I advertised myself that I needed one. Someone responded that they had an older one - but one that worked perfectly. I was so excited. I was getting a dishwasher that worked great - and for FREE!!! Well, we got it home. And..... it doesn't work. The water gushed all over the floor and the door doesn't even shut completely. So... I am still without a dishwasher. I think I am learning a lesson in patience.


So, I tucked the girls in bed and they said their bedtime prayers. Here was Kendra's: "Dear God, mommy really wants a dishwasher! But this one is broked and daddy says its junk. So, can you fix it? Cause mommy's tired of washing dishes." LOL She was saying this all in a very exasperated tone of voice. It was hilarious. I was trying hard to keep from busting out laughing. Especially over the ..."daddy says its junk" part.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Sorry about the bum dishwasher... but the kids prayer was just tooooo cute!!

Christine said...

I'm sorry the dishwasher didn't work out. :-(