Thursday, March 6, 2008



First off, I am THANKFUL that none of you can see my house right now. I am busily cleaning (deep cleaning) in preparation for company tomorrow night. As I've been cleaning, I've been thinking. Most of you know that we live in a trailer. A very OLD trailer. A trailer that has been through many many toddlers. A trailer that really is in sad structural condition. I can honestly say, without any hesitation, that I am content here. I love being in the country. I love our neighbors (we've got the best - hands down). I love our HUGE back yard. I love our little town. But, I have to be honest - I really really dislike our very very humble abode. I long daily for a house. Wouldn't even have to be huge - but a house would be nice. However, today, while cleaning, the Lord whispered to me that what I have is by far better than some women have. So....

Today, on "Thankful Thursday", I am thankful for my "house". I am thankful that we have a roof over our head. I am thankful for the remodeling that the church did last year for us. I'm thankful for a solid floor now and for new (as of last year) carpet in my living room. I'm thankful for a washer and dryer. Going to the laundromat several times a week would definitely be a pain for me.

So, I'm thankful. I am learning that..."whateversoever state (read: trailer) I am in - therewith will I be content. That was my paraphrase by the way.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Julie,
I know what you mean. We live in a apartment, and would LOVE to have a house. I am often reminded to be thankful for what I have. I am still praying for a house, and I know one of these days it will happen:)

Anonymous said...

Julie, I admire your positive outlook. You are a gem for reminding us to be content and thankful in ALL things. Beth

Cindy said...

I,ungrateful wretch that I am, long for a different house, a big old fashioned house with wide baseboards and glass doorknobs and a big old attic...