Monday, March 31, 2008

I miss the good ole days

You know, the days when you could call a company and actually understand the person you spoke to? Today I had to call the phone company. Our LOCAL phone company. The person who answered my call had as much trouble understanding me (read: English) as I had understanding her (read: heavy foreign accent). The whole conversation would have taken 50% less time had she been able to speak English at least remotely well. Then again, with the way things are headed in our country I'll probably have better experiences in future such calls if I learn the 2nd language.

(ok, vent over)

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

I sooooooo agree with you on this. It is maddening!!

Carla said...

I totally agree with you!!!!!

Shandra said...

I had to talk to someone on the phone that I had trouble understanding the other day and I almost asked to speak to someone else, but then I decided I might get someone that had an even thicker accent, so, I stuck with the gal I had!